Mission, Values, & Principles
Our mission is to improve lives and meet community needs by uniting people and resources. We seek to make a significant impact by understanding and addressing our community’s most complex challenges. The United Way of Oxford-Lafayette County (UWOLC) believes no single organization can do this alone. Therefore, we partner with individuals, nonprofits, corporations, and public entities to mobilize resources, promote collaboration, and support programs that can make a meaningful difference within the Lafayette-Oxford-University (LOU) community. We focus on ensuring that all who live in our community have the building blocks of a good life.
- Be agents of change: Energize people to make a difference in the community by giving, advocating, and volunteering
- Be responsive: Commit to focusing on the educational, financial, and health concerns of the community
- Practice accountability: Demonstrate responsibility for our actions and expenditures as well as promote accountability on the part of our agencies
- Be fiscally responsible: Maintain integrity in all financial matters as well as manage and spend funds wisely
- Be volunteer driven: Empower community members to serve one another through our United Way and provide direction to our community.
- Maintain the highest integrity: Conduct ourselves with honesty, respect, and openness
- Inspire contributions: Raise funds in a creative, effective, and professional manner
- Be a leader in the community: Work collaboratively to prioritize and address current as well as emerging needs to help make the community more successful
Donors expect the UWOLC to make a meaningful difference throughout our community. They expect our local United Way to be responsive to community needs, accountable for funds contributed, and achieve impact with the funds we receive.