Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Clinic
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Clinic assists low- and moderate-income residents of Lafayette County with free tax return preparation twice a week at the Lafayette County & Oxford Public Library during tax season. Students in the Tax Practicum at the University of Mississippi School of Law manage and staff the program.
2020 VITA Clinic Details
Where: Lafayette County & Oxford Public Library | 401 Bramlett Blvd. | Oxford, MS 38655
When: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. | February 6, 2020 – April 9, 2020 (excluding March 10, 12, & 26) | Friday, March 27, 2020: 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Who: Taxpayers having a combined household income of $56,000 or less
What to Bring:
- Proof of identification – Picture ID
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse, and dependents or a Social Security Number verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration (SSA)
- If you do not have a Social Security Number, an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter for you, your spouse, and dependents
- Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN
- Birth dates for you, your spouse, and dependents on the tax return
- Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, 1099-MISC from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- Health insurance information
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns (if available)
- Proof of bank account routing numbers and account numbers for direct deposit, such as a blank check
- Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider’s tax identifying number (the provider’s Social Security Number or the provider’s business Employer Identification Number) if appropriate
- To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-jointly tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms
Please direct all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to note walk-ins only (no appointments).