Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Clinic
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Clinic assists low- and moderate-income residents of Lafayette County with free tax return preparation twice a week at the Lafayette County & Oxford Public Library during tax season. Students in the Tax Practicum at the University of Mississippi School of Law manage and staff the program.
Univeristy of Mississippi Pro Bono Initiative
2020 VITA Clinic Details
Where: Lafayette County & Oxford Public Library | 401 Bramlett Blvd. | Oxford, MS 38655
When: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. | February 6, 2020 – April 9, 2020 (excluding March 10, 12, & 26) | Friday, March 27, 2020: 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Who: Taxpayers having a combined household income of $56,000 or less
What to Bring:
- Proof of identification – Picture ID
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse, and dependents or a Social Security Number verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration (SSA)
- If you do not have a Social Security Number, an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter for you, your spouse, and dependents
- Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN
- Birth dates for you, your spouse, and dependents on the tax return
- Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, 1099-MISC from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- Health insurance information
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns (if available)
- Proof of bank account routing numbers and account numbers for direct deposit, such as a blank check
- Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider’s tax identifying number (the provider’s Social Security Number or the provider’s business Employer Identification Number) if appropriate
- To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-jointly tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms
Please direct all inquiries to email@example.com. Please be sure to note walk-ins only (no appointments).